This hot chocolate recipe was inspired by the Parisian patisserie Angelina’s hot chocolate. When I drank the Angelina hot chocolate back in June, it felt as if I was drinking melted chocolate. You can imagine the decadence of it all. I know I will never be able to replicate it but this is my attempt.
- 4 x 80g bars of Cadbury’s Topdeck chocolate
- 1/2 a cup of milk, or enough to turn the consistency of the chocolate to something in between thick and runny.
- 250g whipping cream
- Place the chocolate and milk in a small saucepan on a medium-low heat.
- When the chocolate has fully melted, check the consistency and add more milk if needed. Then take the pan off the heat.
- Whip the cream.
- This is a very rich drink so I would suggest only filling half of your mug with the chocolate sauce. Don’t use the image below as an indicator, I got a bit too eager.
- Use the whipped cream as your milk and indulge!
Serves about 8