A few nights ago it occurred to me that I didn’t publish all my travel diary posts from the June/July holiday. Perhaps it’s the glistening of Christmas lights quickly filling the streets and malls or the abundance of Christmas treats that I have been baking that has got me thinking about London. So, here is the post from my trip to London.
What to Eat:
- Go to Jamie’s Italian. Order a lot. Trust.
- Head to Borough Market and indulge in the fresh produce. Since I’m all about that sugar I would suggest buying a giant white chocolate chip cookie and several flavours of fudge at the fudge stand – salted caramel was my favourite.
- Have a dinner at the OXO tower. Out of this world views and incredible food.
What to Do:
- The museums, oh the museums. Most are free, which is a rarity nowadays. My top picks are the British Museum, where you catch a glimpse of the Pantheon ruins as well as Egyptian mummies, and the Victoria and Albert Museum, a showcase of human creativity, including, my favourite, a walk through the history of fashion.
- Visit the Tate Modern art gallery – it has an unbelievable collection of modern art, including pieces by Picasso and Dali.
- A musical is a necessity. The ones I would go back to are The Lion King (my ultimate), Mamma Mia, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (several moments of magic on stage).
My travel diaries for Italy will be up next and will not take as long as this particular post. At least this is the hope.